Friday, April 13, 2012

Preposterous Garages

Sometime within the next year or so my wife and I plan to purchase our first home. And while she has a list of requirements for the house such as number of bedrooms and bathrooms, a backyard, two stories, etc., my list consists of only one requirement. A two car garage. The house could be 300 sq ft and made of tin as long as I have my garage. My paradise, my safe haven, where all that matters are my tools, my truck, and my motorcycle. I'm not saying that my garage and my love for automobiles is more important than my family, but I'm still pretty stoked about it. I'm not alone in my quest for a stellar garage either. There's tons of people out there that have absurd car sanctuaries. My Uncle Gary happens to be one of those people. When building his dream home a few years back he decided that he was going to dedicate most of the space to his two story, 8 car garage. So what he ended up with is a 10000 sq. ft. home which consists of 4000 sq. ft. of living space and 6000 sq. ft. of garage. Complete with it's own full bathroom, a lift, and every tool you could ever imagine, his garage is probably my favorite place to be in the entire Salt Lake area. But other people out there have even more ridiculous garages than my Uncle Gary. Check out more of these fantastic fortresses of solitude after the jump!





Maserati guy maybe?



The 10000 sq. ft. garage wasn't enough so he had to add a rotating platform too










why not have 2 koenigsegg's if you can

battle of the brutes
Via Carbuzz

6 comments:

  1. It is things like this that give me the motivation to go to school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even after school you'll still have to convince your wife that its ok if you spend a million dollars on your garage

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lame teacher got a picture from this website and pretended it was his garage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m heartily grateful to you for this marvelous post. And I will come back soon to get more posts. auto repair Midland Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get contented to see this selective information. listed here

    ReplyDelete