Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Porsche Cayenne GTS

2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS blurring the countrysideIf the turbo Dodge Caravan in my last post wasn’t a fast enough “family hauler” for you then maybe this will be. This is the 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS and it’ll get your family, your dog, and all your gear from here to the campground quicker than a fat kid making the rounds at Golden Corral. Porsche has bumped the power from 400 to 420 hp in the 2013 version which is good for a 5.4 second 0-60 and a top speed of 162 mph. That’s a little faster than a Hyundai Santa Fe. They’ve also lowered it 20 mm to help with aerodynamics and added a lower final drive for increased gas mileage. The only downer to this mental SUV is that it only comes with Porsche’s 8-speed Tiptronic S flappy paddle gearbox whereas the last one had an available 6 speed manual. For this to even be a problem though you first need to make about $85k magically appear in your wallet to cover the purchase price. To be honest I’ve never quite understood these kinds of SUV’s.
If I were to buy an SUV I’d want it to have 4wd and be able to haul a boat or a camper. But all bias aside this thing is still pretty freaking cool. The thought of beating an STI in a light to light race in an SUV just makes me smile. If I had money to spare like some people do I can’t say I wouldn’t buy one just for kicks. As of now though I don’t have 85k to spare so I think I’ll just enjoy the pics and this autoblog video instead. Feel free to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment